You love cars, don’t you? They allow you to move from point A to be B but that is not all. Your car in the modern society is like a close confidant. It accompanies you for the larger part of your life especially if you love travelling. However, did you know your love for cars could translate to a fulfilling career?
All you need is to identify the aspect of cars you love and voila! You career in the automobile industry will start. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reckons the industry will grow by 17% from 2012 to 2020 meaning a lot of potential is waiting to be tapped. U.S Money recorded the industry among the best paying in its 2013 Best Jobs list.
Sampling Unique Best Paying Jobs for Car Lovers
Career experts always advice job seekers to train in something they love. Luckily, the love for cars is innate and your training just helps inculcate technical aspects of the industry. A study by Global Postlists this industry as among the top payers. This is the reason you need to look at these unique jobs in the industry.
- Racing: Most car enthusiasts start their dalliance with cars through racing. Watching Michael Schumacher neck-to-neck with Alonso in Formula One is a sure way to start a relationship with cars. You can work as a test driver, technician, and race driver and in many other openings. Will you not only enjoy the thrill but also get to travel globally.
- Automotive journalist: If you love cars then you must have come across Top Gear a series by Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. These guys redefine automotive journalism and give you a glimpse of the immense fun you can enjoy. If you have a knack for reporting, why not become an expert in cars and fascinate the world with your analysis while making big money.
- Classic car restorer: This is one of the jobs cited by U.S Money as a goldmine awaiting discovery. There are thousands of prospective car lovers looking for certified pre-owned cars in this category. Whether it is a Dodge or a Ferrari, there is ready market and opportunities to sample the best engines ever made.
- Car designing: Have you ever looked at concept cars in Motor shows and wondered who designed them? You can become this guy if you have a knack for design. You just need to have the skills, show them to the world and big companies will come calling.
- New technology engineer: Electric cars are all the rage today. You can tap into this industry as an engineer because the industry is bound to explode as more car owners become more environmentally conscious. The money is good in the sector with BLS reporting high earners get $ 94, 680 annually.
- Car show organizer: If you know something about cars why not transform your knowledge into money. Car shows are must-attend events for car lovers in every city. If you are involved in such events, automobile companies pay good money to showcase their best machines.
There is no dearth of opportunities in this industry. If your current job is tedious, why not take a bold step into a more thrilling industry?
Sandra Travis is a car dealer from Texas who has worked in the industry for over a decade. She lives for cars and is currently a prolific blogger helping shoppers make informed choices on certified pre-owned cars.
How Much Does A Bankruptcy Affect My Credit Score?
Back Injuries On-the-job: A Preventable Injury If There Ever Was One
You may also like
Pests on your property can be a nuisance. They are hard to deal with and ...